On June 30th, 2020, Joongmin Foundation held a second media briefing on the topic of “Data Analysis of Survey on 30 Global Cities—National Image Transformation of South Korea, Japan, the United States, and China”.
As for the survey process, Hankook Research has produced an online survey program, and Rakuten Insight Survey has sampled 15,312 adult males and females over the age of 19 in 30 global cities (approximately 500 citizens in each city) according to gender and age distribution.
This review summarizes the key issues in a more concise and straightforward way, with the questions raised by reporters at the second media briefing on June 30th.
Survey on Citizens in 30 Global Cities
National Images Transformation of South Korea, Japan, the United States, and China
How Global Citizens of 30 World Cities Evaluate South Korea, Japan, the United States and China?
■ Date: June 30th (Tuesday), 2020 at 11 AM
■ Venue: Magnolia Room, 19th floor, The Press Center
■ Organizer: Joongmin Foundation
■ Sponsor: SORI Asset Co., Ltd; National Research Foundation of Korea; Seoul National University
- Moderator: Young-Hee Shim (Emeritus Professor, Hanyang University)
Opening Address and General Trends
- Presentation1. Sang-Jin Han (Emeritus Professor/ Chairman of Joongmin Foundation)
The Rise of a Korean Model and its Hidden Danger
- Presentation 2. Subin Kim (Researcher at Joongmin Foundation)
Japan at the Crossroad with Frustrated Citizens
- Presentation 3. Dajung Ryu (Researcher at Joongmin Foundation)
The Collapse of the United States Hegemony from a Global Perspective
- Presentation 4. Chunjui Hsu (Researcher at Joongmin Foundation)
The Divided Global Image of China